Monday, June 25, 2007
Manic Monday...The Word is "GRACE"
For today's meme (courtesy of Morgen at It's a Blog Eat Blog World), I have a few thoughts on GRACE...
1. At least once a day, I always murmur the John Bradford quote "There but for the GRACE of God go I". I've been doing this every day since I starting my career in health care, and it never fails to remind me how lucky I am that I'm walking, talking, have a job, have my health, and have loving family and friends.
2. Hail Mary, full of GRACE...I try to say at least one decat of the Holy Rosary every night before I go to bed. I always figure a little extra prayer can't hurt, right??
3. Why is Tuesday's child full of GRACE? And why is Wednesday's child full of woe? You can check out the original "Monday's Child" nursery rhyme here and calculate on what day of the week you were born. Hmmmm...I was born on a Sunday...
4. I think of GRACE and I automatically think of swans and ballerinas - GRACE personified.
5. Finally, I always wonder if people still say GRACE before meals (in the South, we call it "the blessing"). When I was growing up, you couldn't pick up your fork before someone said the blessing. My maternal grandfather always said a blessing before every meal and the only words anyone could ever understand were "kingdom come". My siblings and my cousins still laugh about it today and always wonder what Granddaddy was mumbling. We always add the words "kingdom come" to blessings before our gatherings, in honor of Granddaddy.
Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you are all GRACED with a wonderful day!